Bacon, lettuce and tomato. A classic combination—but why stop there? Make it keto by adding lettuce, some tender pieces of chicken and a dollop of creamy aioli. Now we’re talking!
Keto chicken BLT salad
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 4 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 10 oz. Romaine lettuce
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 of a lemon's juice
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place bacon strips into a heated pan and fry until crispy. Once cooked, remove bacon, set aside and save the grease in the pan.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then place into the same skillet as the bacon until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
- Rinse and shred the lettuce; be sure to use a clean cutting board and knife (different from the one used when handling the raw chicken). Place the lettuce on a plate and top with chicken, bacon, tomatoes, and a hearty dollop of garlic aioli.
- FoodPals Tip: Jazz the salad up a bit by adding avocado, thinly sliced red onions, etc.