- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt plus more
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus more
- 4 pounds boneless lamb shoulder trimmed, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 medium onion grated
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves coarsely chopped
- Combine broth and pomegranate juice in a large heavy pot, Dutch oven, or tagine. Whisk in coriander, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, ginger, 1 3/4 tsp. salt, and 3/4 tsp. pepper. Add lamb, onion, and garlic, toss to coat, and gently simmer over low to medium-low heat, mostly covered, until lamb is fork-tender, about 1 1/2 hours. Uncover, increase heat to medium, and continue to cook until juices are thickened, about 15 minutes more; taste and adjust seasonings.
- Transfer lamb mixture along with any accumulated juices to a serving dish. Top with parsley or cilantro, pomegranate arils, and mint.
Sodium: 630mgCalcium: 37mgVitamin C: 4mgVitamin A: 130IUSugar: 5gFiber: 1gPotassium: 571mgCholesterol: 91mgCalories: 229kcalSaturated Fat: 3gFat: 8gProtein: 30gCarbohydrates: 8gIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.