Lemon Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbs grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, minced
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute being careful not to let it burn. Remove from heat, add the white wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 1 teaspoon salt and pour into a baking dish.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and place in the baking dish. Brush the tops of the chicken breasts with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper. Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and arrange them among the pieces of chicken.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is done and the internal temperature is 165 degrees F. Season with salt and serve with the pan juices.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!