This lighter version of shrimp scampi is lower in fat but still tastes great.
- 12 ounces whole-wheat linguine noodles
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound raw shrimp peeled with tails removed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoon white wine
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- fresh parsley chopped
- Parmesan cheese freshly-grated
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and season with crushed red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until the shrimp is pink on both sides and no longer opaque.
- Add in the chicken stock, wine, lemon juice and lemon zest, and stir to combine. Let the mixture continue cooking for an additional minute to boil down, then remove from heat.
- Drain the pasta, and serve topped with the shrimp scampi. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Sodium: 1538mgCalcium: 208mgVitamin C: 11mgVitamin A: 105IUSugar: 1gFiber: 1gPotassium: 306mgCholesterol: 286mgCalories: 435kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 3gProtein: 36gCarbohydrates: 68gIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!