Mashed Sweet Potatoes
This sweet potato recipe is savory and has less calories than sweet potato casserole.
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme plus leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water to 2 inches above potatoes. Bring to a boil over high; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until tender, about 18 minutes. Remove from heat. Drain and return potatoes to saucepan.
- Combine butter and olive oil in a small skillet over medium; cook until browned and fragrant, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in thyme.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper to sweet potatoes; mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Drizzle with butter mixture; gently stir once or twice. Garnish with thyme leaves.
Sodium: 443mgCalcium: 73mgVitamin C: 6mgVitamin A: 24398IUSugar: 9gFiber: 5gPotassium: 600mgCholesterol: 1mgCalories: 228kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 8gProtein: 3gCarbohydrates: 37gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.