Roast Dijon Chicken with Vegetables
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 4 chicken-breast halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- non stick cooking spray
- 3 cups (1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 large onion cut into 12 wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 475° F.
- Combine mustard and 1/2 teaspoon thyme in a small bowl. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Heat a skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin side down; cook 5 minutes or until browned. Turn and cook an additional 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove chicken; spread mustard mixture evenly over the top of each breast.
- Combine potato, carrot, onion, oil, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Place on a baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Stir potato mixture; place chicken, skin side up, over potato mixture. Bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Read more about this chef..