Roasted Asparagus and Baby Artichokes
- 20 baby artichokes
- 5 thin lemon slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Place a large baking sheet in oven. Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Cut off top third of each artichoke. Trim stem to within 1 inch of base; peel stem. Remove bottom leaves and tough outer leaves, leaving tender middle and bottom. Scoop out the choke from the center. Cut each artichoke in half lengthwise. Place artichokes, lemon slices, and 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl; toss to coat. Arrange mixture in a single layer on hot baking sheet. Roast at 450° for 15 minutes or until almost done and beginning to brown, stirring well after 10 minutes.
- Toss asparagus with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil. Stir asparagus into artichoke mixture. Roast at 450° for 10 minutes or until tender, stirring after 5 minutes.
- Place vegetable mixture in a large bowl. Add butter and next 4 ingredients (through pepper); toss gently to combine. Sprinkle evenly with pine nuts.