A honeynut squash looks just alike a butternut squash, only smaller. This winter squash is a bit sweeter than a butternut squash. Look for them at your local farmers market.
Roasted Honeynut Squash
- 2 medium honeynut squash halved lengthwise and seeded
- 4 teaspoons butter melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut each squash in half lengthwise and scoop the seeds out with a spoon.
- Arrange squash halves cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- Brush each half with melted butter. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cinnamon.
- Roast until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Drizzle with maple syrup.