Simple Shrimp Paella
- 2 (8oz) packages precooked brown rice
- 1 1/2 Tbs canola oil
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/3 cup water
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Heat rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and turmeric in a skillet over medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add rice, bell peppers, peas, water, salt and black pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Layer the shrimp over the rice mixture. Cover and cook for 6 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!