Slow Cooker Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
These are easy to prepare and perfect for a healthy dinner.
- Slow Cooker
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger minced
- 1 red bell pepper cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce
- Place ground turkey, ginger and garlic in a large non-stick skillet. Saute, until turkey is no longer pink, about 5 - 6 minutes. Drain off liquid and pour mixture into a 5 - 7 quart slow cooker.
- Add bell pepper, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper and toss mixture. Cover and cook on low heat 2 - 3 hours until turkey is tender.
- Stir in cooked rice, green onions, rice vinegar, and sesame oil, cook until heated through 3 - 5 minutes. Season with additional salt if necessary.
- Separate iceberg lettuce leaves and serve with turkey filling.
Sodium: 786mgCalcium: 27mgVitamin C: 28mgVitamin A: 732IUSugar: 8gFiber: 2gPotassium: 608mgCholesterol: 84mgCalories: 304kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 5gProtein: 39gCarbohydrates: 26gIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.