Slow Cooker Meatballs
- Slow Cooker
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 large egg
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 1/4 yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To make the meatballs: In a large bowl, combine the beef, parsley, egg, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes until mixed well. Form into 24 meatballs and place in slow cooker.
- Make sauce: In another large bowl, stir together crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, oregano, and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Pour over meatballs.
- Cook, covered, on low until meatballs are cooked through, 5 to 5 1/2 hours.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
Sodium: 629mgCalcium: 97mgVitamin C: 20mgVitamin A: 1530IUSugar: 1gFiber: 2gPotassium: 609mgCholesterol: 162mgCalories: 466kcalSaturated Fat: 13gFat: 35gProtein: 31gCarbohydrates: 4gIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!