- 2 medium artichokes
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 oz white wine
- non-stick cooking spray
- Cut the stems and the tops off of the artichokes.
- Use a scissor to cut off the tips of the leaves and squeeze lemon juice over to prevent browning.
- In a large pot, fill with 4 cups water and bring to a boil. Place artichokes upside down in pot. Boil for 12 minutes. Remove from water and set aside to cool.
- Once the artichokes have cooled, remove the center leaves and scoop out the choke with a teaspoon.
- In a small sauté pan, heat oil and sauté garlic for 1 minute. Be sure not to burn the garlic. Remove from heat.
- Add breadcrumbs, grated cheese, and mix well.
- Place artichokes in a baking dish and stuff the centers and leaves all around with the stuffing. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- Fill the bottom of the baking dish with broth and wine and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350° F removing the foil the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Serve immediately.