Sweet Potato and Shiitake Risotto
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cups shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs sage, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 5 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbs flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork on all sides. Rub with 2 tsp olive oil and wrap each potato in foil. Bake for 1 hour or until tender. Let cool.
- Process sweet potatoes in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over high heat. Add mushrooms, onion, 1 1/2 Tbs sage and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes. Add rice and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in 1 cup sweet potato puree, 2 cups stock and 1/2 tsp salt. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-high and simmer, stirring frequently for 8 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add remaining stock and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook 25 minutes or until rice is tender while stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat, stir in remaining sweet potato puree, parsley, pepper and mascarpone.
- Divide among 6 serving dishes and top with sage and Parmesan.
Read more about this chef..