Sweet Potato Gnocchi
This dish is gluten free and only uses 5 ingredients.
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of mashed & smooth roasted sweet potato
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- heaping 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk the flours, starch and salt together. Put the mashed sweet potato in a large bowl and add half of the flour mixture. Lightly need it in with your hands, then add the other half and knead just until no flour streaks remain.
- Pull it together into one ball - the mixture should not be too sticky. If it is, add another tablespoon of almond flour and 1/2 tablespoon tapioca starch.
- Then flatten into a disc. Cut the disc into fours. Dust a clean surface with millet flour. Roll out each piece with your hands & fingers on the surface until you create a snake-like piece about 6 inches long, and 1/2 inch wide. Then with a knife cut individual gnocchi, about 1 inch long. Press the tines of your fork lightly into them to make the indents.
- Repeat for each piece of dough. Coat the surface lightly with more of the flour mix just so it doesn't stick when you cut it.
- In a medium pot of lightly boiling water, pour half of the gnocchi in. Wait until they begin to float to the top, then let cook for a minute or two. Remove with a slotted spoon and lay on a cutting board.
- Repeat with the remaining gnocchi. Put gnocchi in the refrigerator for 5 minutes, then add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil to a skillet. Saute gnocchi for 5-6 minutes on medium heat, stirring, until they are crisp on the outside. Sprinkle with a bit of salt.
- Enjoy sprinkled with olive oil and fresh herbs.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!