To make this dish even healthier, use whole wheat or chickpea pasta.
Tomato, Olive, and Spinach Pasta
- 8 ounces uncooked small shells
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add 1 Tablespoon of salt. Add pasta; cook 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan. Add red pepper and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Add tomatoes, broth, 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt, black pepper, and olives; cook 6 minutes or until tomatoes begin to break down, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta and 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid to pan; simmer 2 minutes. Stir in spinach and basil; cook 2 minutes or until greens begin to wilt.
- Divide pasta mixture evenly among 4 bowls; top with Parmesan cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!