For a healthier alternative, serve this over sautéed spaghetti squash. If you don’t want to use wine in this dish, just substitute beef broth.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups low sodium beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until turkey is cooked through; drain. Add garlic; cook for another minute. Stir in wine.
- In a bowl, whisk together cornstarch and stock until smooth. Add to pan. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, steak seasoning and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in cream; heat through.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!