Vegetarian Bean Tacos
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, shredded low fat cheddar cheese, cubed avocado, low fat sour cream and salsa
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beans, corn and tomatoes; heat through.
- Serve in warmed tortillas with your favorite toppings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!