A sweet, simple, and delicious desert that’s different from your typical apple sweets.
Very easy to prepare and very easy to enjoy.
- 4 cups sliced apples, washed, and peeled (use your favorite apple variety)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- 3/4 cup water (plus extra, if needed)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large bowl place apples and add lemon juice.
- Then add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Set aside.
- Toss oats with melted butter.
- Use cooking spray on a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Add alternating layers of apples and oats.
- Slowly pour water over the mixture.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook for another 15 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the oats are soft. (You may need to add a little more water if the water evaporated and the oats are not tender).
- Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!