Lemon Pound Cake
Enjoy this lightened up version of this classic lemon pound cake.
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds optional
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla Greek yogurt
- Candied lemon slices optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9x5-in. loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in oil, lemon juice, zest, vanilla and, if desired, poppy seeds. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating after each addition just until combined.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, top with candied lemon slices.
Sodium: 185mgCalcium: 38mgVitamin C: 1mgVitamin A: 172IUSugar: 11gFiber: 1gPotassium: 41mgCholesterol: 31mgCalories: 122kcalTrans Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 6gProtein: 3gCarbohydrates: 15gIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.