Try using chickpea pasta with this dish instead of the whole wheat. Chickpea pasta has a great flavor and texture.
Bacon, Tomato & Linguine Skillet
- 4 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 bacon strips, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 plum tomato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon of bacon drippings.
- Saute tomato and garlic for 2-3 minutes in the 1 tsp of bacon drippings. Stir in the bacon, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Drain linguine; add to the skillet. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley; toss to coat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.