Perfect for a romantic dinner for two.
Baked Lobster Tails
- 4 4-ounce or 2 (8-ounce)s fresh or frozen, thawed lobster tails
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Using kitchen shears, cut along the length of each lobster tail shell; do not cut through the wide end of the tail. Using a knife, make a shallow cut in the meat, leaving the fan intact. Remove the vein running through the tail. (If needed, rinse the tails under cold running water. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.) Using your fingers, loosen the meat from the shells, but do not remove the shells. Place the tails on the prepared baking sheet.
- Combine butter, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice and salt in a small bowl. Mash with a fork until well combined. Divide the butter mixture evenly among the lobster tails and, using your fingers, spread the mixture evenly over the lobster meat.
- Bake the tails until the lobster meat is plump, opaque and pulling away from the sides of the shells, about 10 minutes. Transfer the tails to a plate and spoon any melted butter from the baking sheet over them. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!