Baked Pork Schnitzel with Red Cabbage Salad
- 1 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, cored and shredded
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 5-ounce boneless pork chops, about 1⁄2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Heat small pan on medium and toast caraway seeds until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- In large bowl, whisk together vinegar and 1⁄8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Mix in seeds, then cabbage and onions. Let sit, tossing occasionally, until ready to serve.
- Trim any fat from the pork. Season pork with 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, then pound between 2 pieces of parchment to 1⁄4 inch thick.
- Place flour, egg whites, and panko in three separate bowls. Season each with salt and black pepper. Working one at a time, dredge cutlets first in flour, then egg whites, then panko, pressing gently to help it adhere.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush a baking sheet lightly with some olive oil. Place the cutlets on top and bake for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Fold dill into cabbage and serve with pork cutlets and lemon wedges.