We love to make this special cut of meat for the holidays because it’s perfect for feeding a large amount of people and doesn’t require a ton of work.
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 clove garlic minced
FOR YOGURT SAUCE
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt
- In a large bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, mustard, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, garlic, and honey. Add meat to bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour or up to one day.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack inside. Remove tenderloin from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Season on all sides with salt, pepper, rosemary, and minced garlic, then place on top of the rack.
- Roast for about 20 minutes for rare. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, sour cream, horseradish, and lemon juice, and season with salt.
- Slice tenderloin and serve with sauce on the side.
Use a meat thermometer for proper cooking: 120º to 125º: rare 130º to 135º: medium-rare 140º to 145º: medium
Calories: 959kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 45gFat: 80gSaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 167mgSodium: 704mgPotassium: 792mgFiber: 1gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 164IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 91mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!