This dish is perfect for a fast weeknight meal.
Blackened Shrimp with Asparagus
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 pound asparagus rinsed and trimmed
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha optional
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon slices for garnish
- red pepper flakes for garnish
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large bowl add the shrimp, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Coat well and set aside.
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil and cook seasoned shrimp on each side for 2-3 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Remove to a shallow plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter and reduce heat to medium. Add vegetable stock, lemon juice and sriracha and bring to a simmer. Allow the sauce to reduce a little, then add the asparagus and cook the asparagus until crisp-tender, approx. 4-6 minutes, turning the asparagus regularly to coat into the sauce.
- Push the asparagus on the side and add blackened shrimp back to the pan. Squeeze a dash of lemon juice on top of the blackened shrimp and asparagus. Allow reheating for 1-2 minutes then remove grilled shrimp and asparagus from heat, garnish with parsley, lemon slices, and red crushed chili pepper if you like. Serve immediately.
Sodium: 1645mgCalcium: 217mgVitamin C: 21mgVitamin A: 1987IUSugar: 4gFiber: 4gPotassium: 482mgCholesterol: 286mgCalories: 254kcalSaturated Fat: 2gFat: 13gProtein: 27gCarbohydrates: 9gIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.