Chicken and Lentil Soup
- 1 1/2 cups dried green lentils
- 8 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 lbs boneless and skinless chicken breats
- 3 cups corn
- 3 handfuls spinach
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 green onion sprigs, finely chopped
- In a slow cooker, add chicken stock, coconut milk, garlic powder, salt, lentils and stir to mix. Add the chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken, let cool slightly and shred with 2 forks; return to the slow cooker.
- Add corn, greens, cilantro and green onion; stir well. Let cook for another 15-20 minutes then serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.