Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, pounded thin
- 1 tablespoon mediterranean seasoning
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 pitas
- 2 cups cold plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped dill
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- shredded lettuce
- To make the tzatziki sauce, add the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, dill, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper in a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Season chicken breasts with mediterranean seasoning, salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook in a large skillet or pan over medium heat 5-6 minutes on each side until cooked through. Cut into strips.
- Top pita with lettuce, chicken, peppers, onions and tzatziki sauce. Fold pita over and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!