This marinated and grilled chicken dish is loaded with zesty flavors. Serve over rice with fresh pico de gallo.
Chili Lime Grilled Chicken
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp ancho chili powder
- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 1½ tsp coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lime + zest of 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- To make the marinade, whisk together all ingredients except the chicken in a small bowl.
- Place chicken in a large ziptop bag and pour marinade over top. Move the chicken around in the bag so that all the pieces get coated in the marinade. Let chicken marinate in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat and brush grill with oil to prevent sticking. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel then place on the grill.
- Grill chicken 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through, 165F.
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!