This tender beef dish is loaded with flavor and has just the right amount of heat. Serve over creamy mashed potatoes.
Green Chile Shredded Beef
- 2 large sweet onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs. boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- Combine 1 Tbs. brown sugar, smoked paprika, salt, cayenne, chili powder, garlic powder and black pepper. Rub the beef all over with this mixture.
- Place onions and 3 tablespoons brown sugar in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown beef, 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to slow cooker; pour enchilada sauce over beef. Cook, covered, on low until beef is tender, 7-8 hours. Remove beef; shred meat with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker and heat through.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.