Grilled Marinated Flank Steak with Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons lowfat buttermilk
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 radicchio leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley leaves
- Place the steak between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and use a mallet to pound to 1/4- inch thickness. Cut into 4 equal pieces, diagonally, against the grain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar and garlic. Put the steak into a sealable plastic bag with the marinade and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature, or 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine the blue cheese and buttermilk. Use a fork to mash the crumbles until its creamy. Stir in a dash of Worcestershire and set aside.
- Preheat your grill over medium-high heat. Cut the onion into 1/4-inch rounds brush both sides with the remaining tablespoon of oil and grill 6 minutes per side. Separate into rings and set aside.
- Remove the meat from the marinade, pat dry and season both sides with salt and pepper. Discard the marinade. Cook the meat on the grill for about 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Arrange 3 radicchio leaves and a pile of onions on each serving plate. Top with a piece of steak. Drizzle with blue cheese sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.