Grilled Pork Chops With Corn Relish
- 2 medium-size green tomatoes cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 4 6-oz. bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper divided
- 2 large ripe peaches cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Heat grill over medium-high. Add tomato slices in a single layer; cook until slightly softened and lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board; let cool slightly.
- Season pork chops on both sides with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Add chops to grill pan; cook over medium-high until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 145°F, about 3 minutes per side, or to desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat; transfer to a plate, and cover loosely to keep warm.
- Chop tomato slices; toss together with peaches, corn, oil, parsley, vinegar, thyme, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
- To serve, place 1 pork chop and 3/4 cup relish with juices on each of 4 plates.
Sodium: 662mgCalcium: 25mgVitamin C: 25mgVitamin A: 904IUSugar: 11gFiber: 3gPotassium: 883mgCholesterol: 90mgCalories: 407kcalSaturated Fat: 5gFat: 24gProtein: 32gCarbohydrates: 18gIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!