- 1 bag 12 oz. Whole Grain Extra Broad Egg White Noodles
- 1.5 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 sweet yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 cup 8 oz. fresh or frozen carrots, chopped
- 1 cup 8 oz. cremini or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 2 cups reduced sodium beef stock
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1 small container 5.3 oz. nonfat greek yogurt
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. parsley chopped
- Cook noodles according to package instructions to al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the starchy cooking water. Drain, return to pot and keep warm.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground beef and brown the meat.
- Once the meat is browned, add onion, garlic, carrots and mushrooms.
- Cook the vegetables until tender and golden brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the red wine, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the pan and reducing the wine by half.
- Combine a couple of splashes of the beef broth with the cornstarch in a small ramekin and set aside.
- Pour the remaining beef broth in the skillet, stir to combine and cook down for 3-4 minutes to reduce by about ⅓.
- Pour the cornstarch/beef broth mixture in the pan and stir to combine.
- Continue to cook for a couple of minutes and the sauce will begin to thicken.
- Add greek yogurt and dijon mustard and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add meat mixture to noodles with just enough of the starchy cooking water to achieve a creamy sauce consistency.
- Portion into bowls and garnish with parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.