Keto Beef Stew
- 2 lb beef chuck roast cut into 1" pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 medium carrot peeled and cut into rounds
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 6 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp freshly chopped rosemary
- Pat beef dry with paper towels, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Working in batches, add beef and sear on all sides until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from pot and repeat with remaining beef, adding more oil as necessary.
- To same pot, add mushrooms and cook until browned, 5 minutes. Add onion, carrots, and celery and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add tomato paste and and stir to coat vegetables.
- Add broth, thyme, rosemary, and beef to pot and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer until beef is tender, 50 minutes to an hour.
Sodium: 595mgCalcium: 36mgVitamin C: 4mgVitamin A: 1775IUSugar: 2gFiber: 1gPotassium: 1195mgCholesterol: 104mgCalories: 353kcalSaturated Fat: 8gFat: 22gProtein: 35gCarbohydrates: 5gIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!