We only eat bacon once in a while but when we do we love to prepare it in the oven. Having the bacon roast on a rack so you don’t have to keep turning it in the pan is a time saver for me.
At the end you brush it with maple syrup and the flavor is awesome!
Use thick bacon and a good maple syrup.
Refrigerate leftover bacon fat to use in roast vegetables and to flavor dressings.
- 3⁄4 lb thick-cut smoked bacon (8 slices)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons good grade maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a baking rack on a sheet pan and arrange the bacon in 1 layer on the baking rack.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the bacon begins to brown.
- Remove the pan carefully from the oven; there will be hot grease in the pan!
- Brush the bacon slices with maple syrup and bake for another 3 to 5 minutes, until the bacon is a warm golden brown.
- Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and serve warm.