One Pot Chili Mac
This wonderful one pot dish is high in protein.
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin ground
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste low sodium
- 14 oz can tomato sauce low sodium
- 1 cup beer
- 3 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 3 cups cavatappi whole wheat or chickpea
- 14 oz can of black beans rinsed and drained, low sodium
- 14 oz can of kidney beans rinsed and drained, low sodium
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup olives chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat large dutch oven over medium heat and add oil. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add carrot, bell pepper, jalapeño and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cumin, paprika and salt; stir and cook for a minute or two. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, beer, broth and bring to a boil. Add pasta, stir, cover and cook for 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beans and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and lime juice, olives and cheese/nutritional yeast. Stir and adjust seasoning to taste. Serve hot.
Sodium: 1584mgCalcium: 158mgVitamin C: 36mgVitamin A: 4238IUSugar: 9gFiber: 14gPotassium: 955mgCholesterol: 8mgCalories: 414kcalSaturated Fat: 3gFat: 11gProtein: 18gCarbohydrates: 62gIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
2 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.