- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley leaves and stems
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 tbsp Pernod or other anise-flavored liqueur
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb coarse salt for baking
- 24 fresh oysters shucked, shells reserved
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Position rack in top third of oven and preheat to 450°. Add garlic, spinach, green onions, parsley, lemon juice, butter, and Pernod to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- In a medium bowl combine, panko, Parmesan, and oil.
- Sprinkle coarse salt over large baking sheet to depth of 1/2". Arrange oysters in half shells in salt. Divide spinach mixture among oysters and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Bake until spinach mixture is bubbling and panko is deeply golden, about 8 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges alongside.
Calories: 214kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 4gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 29567mgPotassium: 124mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1485IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 106mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!