- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped parsley leaves and stems
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 tbsp Pernod or other anise-flavored liqueur
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb coarse salt for baking
- 24 fresh oysters shucked, shells reserved
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Position rack in top third of oven and preheat to 450°. Add garlic, spinach, green onions, parsley, lemon juice, butter, and Pernod to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- In a medium bowl combine, panko, Parmesan, and oil.
- Sprinkle coarse salt over large baking sheet to depth of 1/2". Arrange oysters in half shells in salt. Divide spinach mixture among oysters and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture.
- Bake until spinach mixture is bubbling and panko is deeply golden, about 8 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges alongside.
Sodium: 29567mgCalcium: 106mgVitamin C: 11mgVitamin A: 1485IUSugar: 1gFiber: 1gPotassium: 124mgCholesterol: 47mgCalories: 214kcalTrans Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 11gFat: 19gProtein: 4gCarbohydrates: 7gIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.