Parmesan Spinach Cakes
- 12 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pulse spinach in batches in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl. Add ricotta, Parmesan, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Divide the spinach mixture among the 8 cups.
- Bake the spinach cakes until set, about 20 minutes. Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges with a knife and turn out onto a clean cutting board or large plate. Serve warm, sprinkled with more Parmesan, if desired.
Calories: 144kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 13gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 483mgPotassium: 555mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 8310IUVitamin C: 24mgCalcium: 328mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!