Serve this dish over rice or noodles.
Pepper & Tomato Steak
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons beef broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add beef slices, a few pieces at a time. Toss gently to coat.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown beef in batches. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until meat is tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in green peppers, broth and Worcestershire sauce; simmer, covered, until peppers are tender, 10-15 minutes.
Read more about this chef..