Pork Medallions with Cherry-Wine Sauce
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 12 slices
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1/3 cup cherry preserves
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pat the pork slices dry with a paper towel, then add them to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Turn the heat up to high. Add 2 teaspoons chopped thyme to the pan drippings. Cook for 30 seconds and then add the wine, salt and black pepper. Scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen any browned bits. Cook for 2 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Add the chicken stock and cherry preserves and cook for 8 minutes or until reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Spoon cherry mixture over the pork. Sprinkle with the remaining thyme.
Read more about this chef..