This chicken dish is flavored with a homemade barbecue sauce that is easy to make. If you like a little heat, add a dash of cayenne pepper to the barbecue sauce.
Quick Barbecue Chicken
- 1 cup low sodium ketchup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Non-stick Cooking spray
- Add all the ingredients except for the chicken and cooking spray to a bowl and whisk to combine to make the barbecue sauce. Reserve 1/2 cup of the sauce to a bowl. Add the chicken to the remaining sauce and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. 2 Minutes before you finish cooking the chicken, brush each piece with some of the reserved barbecue sauce. Remove from grill and serve.