This chicken dish is flavored with a homemade barbecue sauce that is easy to make. If you like a little heat, add a dash of cayenne pepper to the barbecue sauce.
Quick Barbecue Chicken
- 1 cup low sodium ketchup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Non-stick Cooking spray
- Add all the ingredients except for the chicken and cooking spray to a bowl and whisk to combine to make the barbecue sauce. Reserve 1/2 cup of the sauce to a bowl. Add the chicken to the remaining sauce and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat a grill or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through. 2 Minutes before you finish cooking the chicken, brush each piece with some of the reserved barbecue sauce. Remove from grill and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.