Serve this dish over steamed rice or on a roll to make a sandwich.
Slow Cooker Shredded Honey Garlic Chicken
- 3 large, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- sliced scallions, for garnish
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, hoisin, olive oil, garlic, onion and crushed red pepper flakes, and then pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook the chicken on LOW for 4 to 5 hours until the chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and use two forks to shred the chicken. Place the chicken in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of cold water to make a slurry.
- Transfer the liquids from the slow cooker into a small saucepan set over medium-high heat and whisk in the slurry. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook it until it reduces and has thickened slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, tossing to combine. Serve the chicken topped with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!