Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burger
- 16 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained completely
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup corn
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 jumbo egg
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- In a medium bowl, mash beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, cilantro, onion, and garlic, then add oats, then eggs and spices.
- Stir that mixture along with the corn into the mashed beans. If the mixture is too wet, add some more oats.
- Divide mixture into four patties and place them onto a flat surface covered with wax paper. Freeze at least 2 hours before cooking or keep frozen until ready to cook.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and coat with non-stick spray. Cook frozen burgers about 7 minutes on each side.
- Serve on a bun with your favorite toppings and condiments.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
No comments yet.