Spicy Honey Glazed Ham
- 8 lb. fully cooked bone-in half ham
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup honey
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Place your oven rack in the lowest position. Preheat to 350 degrees F. Score the fat with a sharp knife in a 1-inch crosshatch pattern without cutting through to the meat. Place the ham flat-side down in a roasting pan and add the chicken broth to the pan. Cover with foil and bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze: Whisk the honey, brown sugar, mustards, vinegar, hot sauce, thyme and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Remove 3/4 cup of the glaze to a separate bowl and set aside for serving. Remove the ham from the oven, discard the foil and brush with about one-quarter of the remaining glaze. Continue baking, brushing with the glaze and the pan juices every 30 minutes, until the ham is a deep reddish-brown and a thermometer inserted into the center registers 140 degrees F, 1 to 1 1/2 more hours. (Add 1/2 cup water to the pan if the juices dry out.)
- Transfer the ham to a cutting board and let rest 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with the reserved glaze.
Bring the ham to room temperature 1 hour before baking.
Sodium: 4626mgCalcium: 55mgVitamin C: 90mgVitamin A: 89IUSugar: 44gFiber: 1gPotassium: 1126mgCholesterol: 265mgCalories: 729kcalSaturated Fat: 6gFat: 29gProtein: 70gCarbohydrates: 46gIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!