Tabbouleh Salad with Chicken and Red Pepper
- ½ cup uncooked bulgur
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 ½ cups diced plum tomato
- ¾ cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- ¾ cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced English cucumber
- ¼ cup minced fresh mint
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine bulgur and 1/2 cup boiling water in a large bowl. Cover and let stand 15 minutes or until the bulgur is tender. Drain well; return bulgur to bowl. Cool.
- Add tomato and remaining ingredients; toss well.
Sodium: 328mgCalcium: 41mgVitamin C: 54mgVitamin A: 2403IUSugar: 4gFiber: 5gPotassium: 479mgCholesterol: 20mgCalories: 166kcalSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 6gProtein: 10gCarbohydrates: 20gIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!