Use less chili powder for a milder chili.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 15 oz cans dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can sweet corn, rinsed and drained
- For topping: cheese avocado, tortilla chips, cilantro, sour cream
- Place oil in a large pot and place over medium high heat. Add in onion, garlic and red pepper and saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add in ground turkey and break up the meat; cooking until no longer pink. Next add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
- Next add in tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili thickens and flavors come together. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary.
- Garnish with anything you'd like. Makes 6 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!