Turkey Sloppy Joes
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown suger
- soft hamburger rolls, to serve
- Chop the onion, carrot, green pepper, red pepper, celery, and garlic with a knife.
- In a medium to large saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil along with the chopped veggies. Cook for 5-6 minutes until veggies soften but not brown. Season the with salt and pepper.
- Add the ground turkey to the pot. Stir it constantly to break up the turkey. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until turkey is cooked through.
- Add the ketchup, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar to the pot and bring to a simmer. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve on buns.