- 1 cup all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup 1-percent milk
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together both flours, the baking powder, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Work in the butter using your fingers or a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles small peas.
- Add the milk and stir until just incorporated. Gently knead into a ball, and then pat into a 1-inch-thick rectangle. Cut into twenty-four 1 1/2-inch squares and place on the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch between each biscuit. Sprinkle an additional 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper on top.
- Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet and serve warm.
Calories: 147kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 3gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 148mgPotassium: 44mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 262IUCalcium: 105mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!