This simple Black Bean and Corn Salad is a fresh, colorful mix of black beans, corn, bell pepper, avocado and onion, in a light, tangy dressing that is healthy, delicious and easy to make.
• 2 cups frozen corn kernels
• 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans drained and rinsed
• 2 medium roma tomatoes diced
• 1 medium red bell pepper diced
• 1 large avocado diced
• 1/2 small red onion minced
• 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
• 1/4 cup lime juice
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic minced
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Thaw corn in a microwave safe bowl for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring every 90 seconds.
Toss corn with black beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, avocado, onion, and cilantro.
In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes.
Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.