Baked Spinach, Mushroom & Ricotta Frittata
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, and cook the onion, garlic and mushrooms over a medium heat for 5 minutes, until the onion is soft and translucent. During the last minute add the spinach to the pan.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl lightly beat the eggs with milk and some black pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine the salt and ricotta.
- Transfer the onions to an oven-proof dish. Pour the egg mixture evenly over the onions, and dollop the ricotta mixture on top, ensuring that all areas of the frittata get some ricotta.
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes at 375°F, until the eggs have set.
Read more about this chef..