Black Bean Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 3 cups water
- ½ cup salsa
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tablespoons low-fat sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring, 1 minute more. Add beans, water, salsa and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in lime juice.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup but leave some of the beans whole.
- Garnish with sour cream and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!