Turkey Noodle Soup
- 3 cups leftover turkey meat + carcass and/or bones
- 8 cups cold water
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 peppercorns whole
- 1 small whole onion just peeled
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 4 large carrots 2 whole and 2 diced
- 2 large celery stalks
- 2 cups potatoes diced
- 2 cups dry pasta whole grain
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp fresh dill parsley or green onion finely chopped
- In a large pot or stockpot, add turkey carcass, turkey meat, whole onion, garlic, whole carrots, celery, bay leaves, peppercorns and enough cold water to cover everything.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil and simmer on low for up to 24 hours. If you are not feeling comfortable going to bed with the stove on, start in the morning and finish at night.
- You would want to skim the foam first 2 hours occasionally. And while simmering, keep the lid a bit open.
- Then discard the bones and vegetables, reserve the meat and start your soup. You can strain broth if you want. I don't.
- Add potatoes and carrots, stir and reduce heat to medium. Cook with half lid open for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta, stir and cook for another 5 minutes. I would stir a few more times to prevent pasta from sticking.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, herbs and stir. Adjust any seasonings more if you wish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!